Friday, October 26, 2007

A Very Basic Overview of Recent Reads

Mine 'til Midnight by Lisa Kleypas: B- I'd been looking forward to this book ever since Cam was introduced in Devil in Winter. This book wasn't a bad book, but to my mind there wasn't enough romance & there was also a glut of new characters introduced for future books. I wish there'd been more of a focus on Cam & Amelia, not on her family, friends & others. I did like the start of the mystery though. Who is Cam really?

The Blackdagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward: C (overall grade). This is definitely not the best series of books I've ever read. They're different & interesting, but there's something just...off about these books. I don't know if it's the gangster speech (ya feel me?) or the fact that these vampire men are gargantuan scary dudes. I don't know if it's because the writing isn't really the best (i.e. continuity errors, changes in character direction, etc.) but there it is. I will continue on in my quest to see this series to the end. I just hope it's worth it.

The Weather Warden series by Rachel Caine: A- (overall grade). This series is phenomenal! So far there are six books in the series (Ill Wind, Heat Stroke, Chill Factor, Windfall, Firestorm and Thin Air) and each book focuses on the same characters throughout. It's a paranormal series, but it's not like any paranormal I've read before. Some books are stronger than others, but I still grade the series as a whole with a high grade because they are so good! I will review these books more in depth at a later date, but wanted to put them on here for you to see. :)


You can visit Lisa here

You can visit JR here

You can visit Rachel here

No comments: