Thursday, November 6, 2008

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

In the world of the Dark-Huntes, all hell's breaking loose...

Stryker has sent word and is gathering his forces.

While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all-out onslaught against his enemies--which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race.

To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife, Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he's now embroiled in a centuries-old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.

New battle lines are being drawn as the Dark-Hunters rally for a final showdown on ONE SILENT NIGHT.


Boy, this book was a doozy. From the moment Stryker was introduced, he has been an evil, bad man. In this book, he is still an evil bad man, but an evil bad man with a twisted sense of honor. Thousands of years ago, he was forced to make a terrible decision that cost him everything. Now, all these years later, he contents himself by striking against the Dark-Hunters; Acheron in particular.

Everything is basically going to plan when his ex-wife shows up. Thinking she'd been dead all these years, Stryker is thrown for a loop. Secrets are revealed, characters make appearances and basically I'm horribly confused. LOL!

Truthfully, the book was actually quite good. Lots of adventure and new twists on the world Ms. Kenyon has created. It also has a major plot-twist that came completely out of left field and surprised me. Or it would have surprised me if I hadn't read the review over on Book Binge. Though I don't think the reviewer meant to, she gave away some major plot in her review, so I had a good idea what was going to happen.

I won't do that here, but I will tell you that if you've been a follower of this series it's an amazing read. Do I think it's the best in the series? Not in a long shot. But, it's a great ride. :) Would I classify Stryker as a hero? Not really, but as I said at the beginning, he has a twisted sense of honor that redeemed him considerably in my eyes. I understand him much better now. :)

And the very end? Major, major whoa moment, for me anyway. It turns the tide on the war between the Daimons and the Dark-Hunters. I can't wait to see what happens next.


My Rating: B

1 comment:

Sarai said...

Okay color my interest peaked. I guess I should get on with reading the series...