Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pfft

So, that old adage about letting it snow? Yeah, hit here with a vengeance and then some. *sigh* Portland doesn't get weather like this...not often anyway. Let's just say it's a mess out there. That's an understatement, but it's true. :~S

Being homebound like I am, you'd think I'd be reading. I WOULD be if I had something to read. I've read every book in my personal library at least twice, if not more than that & I am bored out of my MIND! I'm also going stir-crazy, which isn't helping matters any. How ironic that when I CAN go out, I don't mind staying home, but when I CAN'T, I go crazy. *shakes head*

Well, I'm not being completely honest when I say I haven't read anything new. I've read a couple of books by Cathy Maxwell, but I'm noticing a disturbing trend. The...three...or is it four? books I've read by her are EXACTLY THE SAME except that the names have been changed. Here's the formula: Rake of a hero, meets and immediately falls in love with Strong heroine who is not like every other woman. She is strong, outspoken, usually upper-class, but impoverished. Sex is not always before marriage, but there is always a compromising position. *sigh* I wonder why authors never think they'll get caught? Seriously, it's like she cut and paste the whole book each and every time.

I won books over on the Book Smugglers blog. Yay me! :) All but one of the books I haven't read. The one I have (Enchanted, Inc by Shanna Swendson) was a great book. Unfortunately, the series has deteriorated to the point where I'm not sure I want to read book 5. Book 3 made me mad and book 4 was pretty much a waste of my time. I hate it when authors have a ton of potential and then it just pfffft disappears to go...elsewhere. *sigh*


With the weather being as attrocious as it has, I haven't been able to get out to do my Christmas shopping. I haven't been able to send out my Christmas cards. I haven't done...ANYTHING! At this point I'm thinking I'll just give my brother, SIL, nephews and dad a card with $25 in it. They can choose what they want. I already know what I'm getting from my parents. AAA membership renewal (best gift EVER) and a foam memory pad for my bed. :) Gifts that'll keep on giving. I already gave my mom her gift. I bought her the latest Enigma CD. My mom and I are both big fans of Enigma. We have every CD they've ever made. There's something about their music that A. calms me down and B. let's me write. :) Can't hurt either way.

I'm going to go check to see if it's snowing again. They're saying to expect another 2-5 inches of snow here in Portland. We broke a record! 14.5 inches of snow at the Portland Airport, which isn't saying much considering that it's the airport and it's flat. The last time we had anything remotely close to that was 1968. So, it's been a LONG time since we've had a storm of these proportions. We're not sure how this is going to affect Christmas. We might just have to delay it a bit. *sigh* At this point we've probably got anywhere from a foot to 2 feet of snow on our street alone. If my work would just be brilliant for once and stay CLOSED. Sheesh!

Anyway, my sinuses are wonky and my head hurts. I'm going go slather some Icy/Hot on my head and call it a night. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post them to show y'all that I'm not insane and that we're literally covered in SNOW! Ack! Night!

No comments: