Saturday, May 9, 2009

Title? Ha!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words on my previous post. Things are still a bit haywire, but are getting better...I hope.

May seems to be looking up reading-wise, which is nice. I was beginning to wonder if that would happen after the dismal month of April. :~P I've read some books that were great (but won't be reviewed until August/September) and others that were just kind of blah. *sigh*

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Faefever. I haven't read such a good cliffhanger since the end of Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead...who coincidentally was here in Portland yesterday but I didn't get to meet her. *sniffle*

I read a book tonight that my friend gave me. Have you had a reading experience where, even though you enjoyed the book you also rolled your eyes and couldn't believe you were enjoying the book as much as you were? Yeah, that was this book. I'm hoping to review it over the weekend.

In a week or so I will be having a challenge w/ my friend Renee. We were talking a few weeks ago (gotta love the gmail chat feature) and got into the discussion of books everyone loves but we either haven't read or didn't like the author. For her it was not liking the author. I challenged her to read one of my faves by this particular author and she challenged me to read Josh Lanyon's Adrien English series (at least books 1 & 2). I'd just never read him even though I know he's super-popular w/ 99% of my friends. I hope to have her review up around the 16thish of this month.

Looking forward to books. Can't think of any at this hour (what? It's 1 am!), but I know there are tons coming out (Nalini is evil, by the way. :D).


And I think that's about it. I hope everyone has a fantastical Mother's Day. My mom is gone with my SIL & nephews to the beach. *sigh* It's been a crazy month so far. I'll just leave it at that. Ciao!

1 comment:

Helyce said...

Hi! I'm up too early...but the house is quiet and I get to enjoy my coffee and blogging in complete silence. This is a rare treat. I'm glad things are settling down for you!

As for your query, I recently read Larissa Ione's Demonica books. I'm kinda anal about reading a series in order, but had picked up book 2 at Target "just because" one day. I hadn't ever heard of this author and the premise of the book seemed a little out there, but that might have been the real attraction. Anyway, I ended up liking it and I didn't think I would. Found book one at a used bookstore and then picked up book 3when it came out in March. I'm a sucker for a bad boy vamp so book 3 was my fave!

BTW, I'm so with you on loving Nalini Singh. Cannot wait for her next Psy release. Loved Angels Blood too.

:)Lisa