Yep, here it is. Now, remember, I had NOT read Holly's Inbox before sending the interview questions, so some of them are kind of odd. :) Not that that's unusual, by any means. LOL!
1. What made you decide on this route when it came to both the website & the book?
The idea for the site came when someone in our company disappeared one day without any notice. We had to trawl through their emails to find out what they were working on, as it turned out they hadn’t been working on anything apart from their personal life, which I’m ashamed to say I became engrossed in. The emails were full of office gossip, scandal, romance, and back stabbing; so this gave me the inspiration to set about building a website to deliver a ‘real time’ story. As emails come through you get so wrapped up in Holly’s life that you begin to feel you are sitting at her desk going through all the fun and disaster yourself.The website www.hollysinbox.com is of course up and running with the story right now.
2. Since I had no idea any of this was happening, is this a real person's stuff or did you come up with it as a "reality" and put it out that way?
A lot is real, but some is fiction, I’d love to know if you can spot which bits are fiction….
3. Are you planning on writing any further books? If so, would they be about the same thing or would you do anything different?
There is a follow up to this story, as Holly continues her fun… which I’m hoping will be available from Sourcebooks!!
4. What are your hobbies outside of writing?
I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, and a gorgeous demanding wife and they both ensure I have no other interests.
5. Are you excited about your book crossing the pond & coming over to America?
Like you wouldn’t believe, dream come true YIPEEEE!
6. What is the strangest thing you've come across while reading others emails?
That a very single flirtatious woman at work was actually married, with four children
7. What is something you wish you could forget?
A pornographic image she had on another email, I think it burnt my eyes, oh and that film where that “comedian” plays most of the other characters.
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Any that makes me want to dance
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go & why?
I would hire a convertible and travel around your country – I’ve always wanted to be in my own road movie.
10. If you had a million dollars (or pounds as the case may be) & had to spend it all in 24 hours or lose it, what would you spend it on & why?
I’d buy a really fast car – and fill the boot with all the rest of the cash and drive away so you couldn’t get it back off me.
11. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day on earth?
I would try and shoot a few evil dictators first, and if I was still alive after that, I’d go back home and have a nice cup of tea, kiss my wife and child, oh and then die.
12. Do you like doing interviews?
:) It’s one of my first, and it’s been fun yeeeees. xx
13. What would you say has been the most rewarding aspect of this book?
Hearing it’s made people laugh, it really really gives me a buzz.
14. The least?
I guess sometimes I slip into my dream world and listen to the characters nattering, and so people close to me (mainly my wife) find it frustrating asking me the same question a zillion times while I look vacant.
15. And how is it writing as a woman?
I know as a writer trying to write from a male perspective is almost beyond me. How'd that work out for you? I’ve been trying to write all my life from a man’s perspective and failed miserably, I think as I’ve spent my whole life much much more interested in the opposite sex I’ve failed to notice much about my own kind at all, I make a terrible mate to go down the pub for a pint with, I try occasionally and find I laugh and grunt at all the wrong times.
And there you have it. My interview with Bill Surie, the guy behind Holly's Inbox. One lucky commenter (US & CANADA only...sorry!) will get a copy of the book! :) I hope you all enjoy. I really liked it. :D