Monday, October 27, 2008

How I Spent My $75 Gift Card

So, a month or so ago, I won a $75 gift card from Nalini Singh (bless her), but didn't spend it because I had no idea what I wanted to buy. Yeah, it's a real conundrum when you have $75 burning in your pocket. *eye roll*

Anywho, a lot of you gave me some excellent suggestions for new books, which I greatly appreciate. However, I didn't buy any of the books suggested. LOL! I'm hopeless. 99% of the books that were suggested I'd already read, so that made it even more difficult.

However, on Saturday night I broke down and started going over things online. I bought Jane Eyre (the DVD starring Toby Stephens & Ruth Wilson...I LOVE this version...the PASSION) and a slew of writing books! Most of them are books that I'd heard good things about, so I'm very excited to read them.

A few years ago I wrote a guest blog over on Romancing the Blog that I'm afraid is now coming back to bite me in the butt. Basically, in this lovely post I'd written, I talked about how I'd glutted myself on writing books and had lost myself. How I'd decided to stop reading them and see where it took me. *snort* Obviously, that didn't work.

Now, I've got a DVD and 5 books coming for me. I probably could've gotten more, but honestly? I refuse to pay shipping so I get my stuff directly from the amazon warehouse. I'm hoping it'll all come together. *crossing fingers*

So, that is how I spent my $75. I know, I know, I could've spent it on books, but there aren't any out right now that I wanted to wait for.

No comments: