Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Couple of Observations

So...yeah, that's a great way to start a blog entry. *snicker* I've been doing a lot of thinking these last few weeks. It's hard not to when you're stuck at home. My brain won't shut up. Ugh!

Anyhoodles, one of the things I realized is that I have a really, really hard time giving away books, even books I hate. I've been going over to Goodreads a lot and playing on there. Trying keep track of all my books is both fun and a nightmare. On Twitter we've been discussing (loosely) how many books we all read last year. I scared myself when I realized it was probably somewhere between 2-300 books. Most of them didn't show up on here (for shame), but honestly, if I blogged about every book I read, I'd be blogging every single moment of the day. On average, it's 1-2 books a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Scary, huh?

The other thing I thought about was reviewing. I started this blog last year (end of 2007...whatever) with the sole purpose of talking about books I both loved and hated. Seemed easy enough. Yeah, not so much.


Got my EC books in the mail yesterday. So far, most of them have been pretty decent, but...but...I came across a new author (to me). She writes both m/m paranormals and m/f paranormals. Since I still can't wrap my mind around m/m, I decided to try her m/f. All I can say is whoa. Hot, sexy, emotional. But, this is what peeves me. I went onto her website and found that there's no more books in this series and yet it clearly shows at the end of book 2, the next couple! And the book was written in 2006! Argh! *headdesk* Why, oh why, do authors do this to me? *sniffle*

And I'm whining. I won't say who the author is since I plan on reviewing both her books. Yes, I liked her so much I went and got the e-book for book 2 in the series. Why won't she write book 3? *sniffle*

1 comment:

Jill D. said...

Awwww, come on. You have to give me the name of the author. Think of it this way, you are helping me to not make the same mistake, or at least informing me of a big wait. It only seems fair... :)

I read a book Summoner and I really enjoyed it. I went to look up the authors background and found that this was the only book she wrote. That was disappointing because I really wanted to see what else she had written. Darn!