First off, sorry I've been pretty much AWOL this past month. I really and truly haven't been reading that much and what I have read hasn't been worth blogging about. How sad is that? Anyway, I decided to write tonight about my love/hate with e-books. I've been buying them, but have had definite mixed results. So, here's why I love/hate them and a few mini-reviews of some of my favorites (so far).
Why I love e-books...
1. Easy to read. You can change the font-size to a size that's comfortable.
2. Convenient. Upload to your computer and take it with you (if you have an e-reader...which I don't).
3. Sneaky. I don't feel guilty for reading erotica since nobody but me can see what I'm reading
4. Samhain...I love this site. Easy to use, funny descriptions and excellente customer service.
5. Finding some really great, super nice authors out there. Yay!
Why I hate e-books....
1. Don't have an e-reader, so can only read them on my laptop. Unless I want to print them out, that means I have to cart my laptop around to read them.
2. Horrible covers...for the most part anyway. Another reason why I'm glad I can read them via computer.
3. Some of the other e-book sites out there. Hard to use and hurt my eyes.
4. Not being able to get a really good idea what you're getting. At least with a paperback you can flip through and read the first chapter or two. With e-books you get a basic snippet and have to pray you're getting something decent.
There's my basic reasons. :) Now, on to my favorite part. Writing reviews on books I actually enjoyed. When I come across an author who writes good books, doesn't matter if it's print or e-format, I glom them. I go and buy as much of their backlist as I can afford. Some writers that's easier said than done.
Authors I've come across that I LIKE!
Lauren Dane-Her Cascadia Wolves series is great. My only complaint? I had to go to Ellora's Cave AND Samhain to get the whole series. Very annoying.
Evangaline Anderson-She writes predominately m/m, but wrote a great little romance called Wishful Thinking that is one of my favorites so far. It's very sweet and sexy. I haven't read her m/m stuff. I'm just not a big m/m fan.
Lacey Alexander-This woman writes some of the hottest love scenes I've ever read. Some of them are almost uncomfortable to read, but they are smokin' hot! Phew!
Dana Marie Bell-I've really enjoyed her Halle Pumas series. I also just bought Very Much Alive. Holy Moly Macaroni that book was...wow...smokin' doesn't even cover it. It's definitely got some m/m going on, but 90% of it is m/m/f. And phewey, it's scorching. :)
Madison Hayes-She wrote the Calendar Girls series. Some of them are better than others, but for the most part I really like her style. Also, the author blurb when she tells about how she met her husband? Why don't things like that happen to me? :)
Mari Carr-Tequila Truth and Erotic Research. Two very different books, but both good...and hot. :)
Kate Steele-I've only read To Trust a Wolf and To Tempt a Wolf, but I LOVED them. Great stories and fun too. And the sex, again, was super hot. :)
Katie Allen-Breaking the Silence is the only book by her that I've read (I think it's the only one she's written...so far), but I really really enjoyed it. A full, in-depth story with hot sex and a great couple. I cannot recommend that book enough (and blame KB for starting it).
There you go. A list of my fave erotica e-book authors. I hope you give at least one of them a try. If you want any suggestions, just email me. I'd be happy to get you started. :)