Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reads of May 2009

So, April was a complete and total bust. For some reason, I am an overachiever and May has MORE than made up for it. *headdesk* And I wonder why I don't have any extra funds. *sigh*


*ahem*

Okay, the month of May scares me. You'll see what I mean in a minute.

1. Ashes of Midnight by Lara Adrian-I still need to review. Would give it a C-

2. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley-Gave it a C+

3. At Last Comes Love by Mary Balogh-Would give this a B-. It was a very sweet love story and a great continuation in the Huxtable series.

4. Seducing An Angel by Mary Balogh-This one deserves a B. Almost done. Con's story comes out next month (I think).

5. Witch Fire by Anya Bast-I'd give this a C. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't phenomenal either. The heroine was kind of an idiot. The sex was hot though. :)

6. Witch Blood by Anya Bast-C+. Better. Still not perfect. Will be getting the others in the series though. My curiosity won't let me not finish. Bad Bridget!

7-9. The Black Jewel Trilogy by Anne Bishop-Wow. That is all I have to say about this series. I count this as 3 books though, just an FYI. I'd give it a B+. Excellent, but I had some issues. Will need to review this one too. *headdesk*

10. Confessions of a Little Black Gown by Elizabeth Boyle-Eh...C. Wasn't great. Didn't even realize I'd read the previous book in the series until I read the next one. Not very memorable.

11. Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress by Elizabeth Boyle-C+. This is the same issue I've had with the previous books I've read by Ms. Boyle...they're all very much of the same "type."

12. Under Fire by Jo Davis-After reading book 1 and really enjoying it, hoped I'd like this one just as much. Yeah, not so much. It wasn't awful, but it just didn't have the sizzle book 1 did. Give it a C-

13. Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham-Need to review for Sourcebooks. It was very unique. Enjoyed it. Wasn't like reading a book though. Will review on Monday.

14. The Art of French Kissing by Kristin Harmel-I really liked this. Simple and sweet. Give it a B-

15. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison-Need to review. Off the top of my head would give it a B-/C+. It was good but definitely had some issues. Will review shortly (probably this weekend).

16. This Duchess of Mine by Eloisa James-B+. Really enjoyed it. I love this series. Need to review to go into more details. Lovely story and I can't wait for Villiers. :)

17. Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James-B

18. A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon-Review here

19. Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon-Review here

20. Loving Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan-Will review in a few months (when I'm supposed to). That being said...loved it!

21. Lord of Pleasure by Delilah Marvelle-Will be reviewing shortly. It was an E-ARC. She loves me. :D

22-29. The Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning-My thoughts here

30. The Betrayal by Pati Nagle-DNF. Could NOT get into this book to save my life, which I find very sad. Interesting premise, boring execution.

31. Revealed by Kate Noble-Really enjoyed it. The Book Smugglers were right...again. I'd give it a B+

32. Compromised by Kate Noble-Liked this one as well. Not as much as Revealed though. I'd say B.

33. Desire Untamed by Pamela Palmer-C-. It was one of those books where I knew I shouldn't enjoy it as much as I did and yet I did...if that makes sense. It definitely had its issues, but I'm curious what book 2 will be like

34. Nemesis of the Garden by Cricket Starr-Eh...C-

35. Lover Avenged by JR Ward-B-

36. Dream Machine by Jane Rylon-E-Book. Wasn't all that great. C

37. Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston-Interesting. I'd say B-

38. Go Fetch by Shelly Laurenston-B-

39. Here Kitty Kitty by Shelly Laurenston-C

40. Sexy by Design by Avery Beck-Talk about a disappointment. Could have been something and ended up being not-so-good. The sex was mechanical at best and the plot dragged. D

41. Faefever by Karen Marie Moning-Give this an A-. LOVED it! :)

And there you have it. My reads for May 2009

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, you got a lot of reading done in May!