Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oy...

This is going to be another one of those boring "personal" entries. Yeah, sorry about that. *sigh*

Let me put it this way, I've been so far beyond insanely busy, especially over these last few weeks that I've barely taken the time to read, let alone have anything to review. Actually, it's kind of funny, because I HAVE been reading, but just not as much as usual. It took me almost three weeks to read the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong and it's not because they were bad. That's not it at all. In fact, they were wonderful! I kept thinking "Oh, I've got to review this," but then real life would intrude and I'd forget.

Basically I got a "promotion" at work and it's caused not only my work schedule to change, but also my sleep schedule and my weekends. Instead of working Tuesday-Saturday like I did for 4 1/2 years, I'm now working Monday-Friday. I have to be in bed no later than 10 to allow me to have 8 hours of sleep. I haven't gone to bed by or before 10 for a LONG time. I'm a night owl, so this going to be earlier thing is really bugging me. *sigh*

I read the Chercez Wolf series (so far only 2...boo!) by Lauren Dane and really enjoyed it. The one thing that really bugged me about her Cascadia Wolves series is the fact that the heroines were all supposed to sleep with another man after their mating bond had been created so that they wouldn't go insane. Um...yeah. Still that series was great too. My favorite was Tri-Mates but that was just because it was an unbelievably hot menage book. Oh, yum! :)

See, while I'm writing a paranormal with wolf-shifters as the predominate species, I HATE the "well now we're mated so I have no choice to love you" mentality that is so big in the werewolf books out there. In my world, yeah, they may have the mating bond hanging over their heads, but they wait. They get to know each other. They fall in love with each other as the book goes along. There's no predestiny stuff going on.

I have to share this with you all. It is, without a doubt, one of the sweetest, most creative blogs I've ever come across. One thing I have to tell you, you have to go to the very beginning of the archives and read through. It's basically a story & it's best to be read from the beginning. It's just darling. I blame KB for this, though she blames JM for telling her about it. :)

Anyway, that's about it. I've got to go get ready for bed. *sigh* I hope I can sleep. Night all! Ciao!

No comments: