Sunday, January 24, 2010

E-Books...A New Category

By me anyway. Since I seem to be reading more e-books than anything lately, I think one of my new "updates" for the blog will be a monthly update of e-books I've read & enjoyed (or not). I seem to gravitate to one particular publisher, which will become very apparent here in just a minute.

One thing I have to say about e-books before I go any further is the fact that though I read a lot of them, I don't like 99% of them. My reason why? Most of them are too short to really get into the meat of the story. It's hard to root for characters when you never really get a chance to know them. *sigh*


My List (Faves)

Alexandra's Legacy by NJ Walters: I have to say this...I'm not a huge fan of Ms. Walters' work, but I really liked this story. It was pretty action-packed, the sexual tension was smokin hot and the hero was yummy. I love yummy heroes. :)

Blade's Edge by Val Roberts: A unique take on sci-fi(ish) romances. It was fun though and sexy. Sexy's always good! :)

The Sanctuary Trilogy by Moira Rogers: Some are better than others, but overall a unique and fun take on shifters. Whoo!

Dare to Believe by Dana Marie Bell: I've liked all of her stories (so far), but have to admit this is my favorite of all of them. Hot sex, great action and I so cannot wait for the second book in this series. Whoo!

Hunting Season by Shelley Laurenston: I've liked her other stuff, but this story is hand's down my favorite. A super tough heroine, a great hero and the sexual tension is off the charts. Plus snark and sex is always an excellent combination. :)

Primal Hunger & Primal Attraction by Sydney Somers: Gargoyles! Whoo!

Wolf Flight & Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend: Unique take on shifters, plus hot sex. Whee!




E-Books (Disliked)

Eh, I'm not going to name names, but I've got a couple of issues. If you're going to write a menage, please make sure that body parts go in the right places at the right times. I've read some lately where I'm wondering at the flexibility of the characters; especially the heroine.

If you're going to write BDSM, even if it's mild, please make sure that it sounds realistic and that the hero is NOT a complete and total Neanderthal outside of the bedroom. Eesh!

Also, I know anal sex is the new doggie-style, but I seriously am sick and tired of reading about all of the moist, gooey sex. Truthfully, if a real woman gushed that much, she should be in a hospital for a really bad girl issue and not having sex.

And women do NOT taste like cream, honey or any other food reference out there. I'm not a lesbian and have never gone down on a woman (ew!) but I'm a girl. I know what it's all about, okay? If anything, we're a salty bunch. *snicker*


And that's about it.


PS. Evangline Anderson...I know you're not reading this post, but I'd really, really, really like to know when the next Swann Sister book comes out. Wishful Thinking is one of my all-time favorite eroticas and I cannot wait for the next one in the series to come out. I'm begging you.....PLEASE write that book soon, okay?


Thank you,

Your Greatful Reader :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

I hear ya about the next Swann Sisters book. :)

Tracy said...

Swann sisters? I need to check those out.

I really liked the Vivian Arend books too. I've read a couple of the Sanctuary books and they were cute.

I started reading Hunting Season but couldn't get into it. Maybe I need to start again/ :)